Respond to this vacancy
SNV is one of the largest Dutch, development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. They make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, they are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind.
SNV does this through local presence. Their projects directly benefit millions of people but also drive system changes, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of the projects themselves
For SNV we are looking for a Manager Business Control & Business Support who will be heading a team of approximately ten skilled professionals with experience in different areas of control and business support. Since the Business Support and Control is a new merged team, the Manager is responsible to create a real team of the different professionals. With his/her people and teambuilding skills this Manager knows how to create a strong unity, with solidarity and commitment towards each other and the organisation.
The main areas of responsibility:
- The Business Control & Business Support team supports SNV in reaching a sustainable break-even and excellent project execution through quality and evidence-based (financial) performance analysis at corporate, country and project level and effective financial planning, reporting and control processes.
- Business Control & Business Support is the custodian of SNV’s Project Execution, Contracting and Procurement and Costing policies and ensures they are applied throughout the organisation.
- The team identifies and proposes solutions to solve (potential) compliance, business and financial risks as well as ensures learning and feedback on relevant issues throughout the project cycle and across the organisation with a view to continuous improvement.
The Manager Business Control & Business Support is the owner of the above functions and ensures these are in line with SNV’s Strategic Plan. The Manager is a sparring partner for the Head of Finance and (senior) management.
- A master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as finance, business administration or related field. Preferably a RC or RA (or their international equivalents).
- Proven track record with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in financial strategic business control position.
- Experience with donor compliance and/or contracting and procurement in an international development cooperation setting is an advantage.
- Management experience, track record in developing and guiding teams through changes.
- Work experience in an international project organizations is desirable. Experience in non-for profit organizations is an advantage.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrable experience in driving business project control process improvements on a pragmatic proactive solution driven way.
- Ability to operate on operational levels with a team of experts with different backgrounds; able and willing to provide hands-on support when needed.
- Highly committed, determined to make things work, flexible mindset.
- Strong communication skills, also in intercultural settings;
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence;
- Willingness to travel periodically.
Interested in this vacancy?