Respond to this vacancy
APG Group provides consultancy services, asset management, pensionadministration, pension communication and employers services.
APG is focused on the future. As having a leading role in the pension sector, APG is not a listed company. APG aims to generate a return that fits a socially conscious company. Moreover, in the interest of the pension funds and their participants, APG aim to produce a return that is both solid and financially stable. APG is fully dedicated to fulfill the benefits of its 4.6 million participants and their pension funds.
APG Asset Management is compiling a balanced investment mix. To ensure good and affordable pensions an optimal return and growth of pension assets are essential. Environmental and social aspects as well as governance principles are key factors in all these investment decisions. With 800 highly qualified asset management employees spread over offices in Amsterdam, Heerlen, New York and Hong Kong, APG AM has the expertise to manage approximately 75% percent of the assets (€ 533 billion) internally.
APG works actively with all its stakeholders to ensure the continuity of the pensions (based on collectivism and solidarity) and its ability to stand up to future developments in the long term. APG is the natural choice to gain in control of your financial future. Their motto “Tomorrow is today” conveys the message that APG works hard every day to ensure tomorrow’s pensions.
Environmental and social aspects as well as governance principles are factors in all our investment decisions. Together with you, we set out the framework for our investment policy and strategy.
As an active asset manager, APG AM is pursuing attractive investment returns and strong risk management. The risk management process is aimed at monitoring the risk profile and the effectiveness of risk management. This is a continuous process that consists of identifying, evaluating, controlling and monitoring risks. The risk management and compliance function have a role in this supporting and critically challenging role.
Becoming risks evaluated against risk appetite, if necessary (additional) measures are implemented. The compliance program of APG AM has been established to ensure the preservation of the APG’s reputation and integrity through compliance with applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards in each market in which it operates.
The Compliance department (10 FTE) assists in creating and maintaining an efficient and effective compliance. Devotion to the highest integrity standards and respect for our business values are expected from each employee. Compliance topics (MiFID II, AIFMD, Sanction Act, IT Security, AML and GDPR) are all embedded in the core processes of APG AM and actively managed from legal and reporting perspective.
Compliance is acting independently and pro-actively to all stakeholders and to the regulators.
- You are a professional who is recognized on the basis of his knowledge of law and regulations. He/she is able to keep compliance well integrated in the business and ensures that APG AM act in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- You are experienced in monitoring and integration of financial services in regulatory reporting and has good knowledge of compliance topics as AIFMD and MiFID II
- You have spent the majority of his/her career in financial services (investment management or wholesale banking) in an international context.
- Based on knowledge and expertise, You are a strong advisor to the asset managers about the regulatory and compliance implications of products, transactions, strategies and structures.
- You are a professional who is highly organized and have the ability to work independently. You know how to set priorities in a demanding work environment keeping goal focused and delivering the highest standards and striving to continuous improvement in your profession.
- Your communication skills gives you the ability to interact with your colleague within the Compliance department as well as with colleagues of other departments. You are a team player, connecting people, profit and planet. Your indebt knowledge provides you with arguments with which you can convince – always looking at best option for the participants.
- As regulations could be complex in itself, you are able to simplify compliance and to create support with which the mission of APG can be realized in an effective and efficient manner.
- You are curious and flexible always looking for improvement and innovation. You take initiatives and responsibility; you have attention to detail while having the ability to see the big picture.
Integrity and confidentiality are key requirements for working within APG.
Interested in this vacancy?