Reageer op deze vacature
APG Group provides consultancy services, asset management, pensionadministration, pension communication and employers services.
APG is focused on the future. As having a leading role in the pension sector, APG is not a listed company. APG aims to generate a return that fits a socially conscious company. Moreover, in the interest of the pension funds and their participants, APG aim to produce a return that is both solid and financially stable. APG is fully dedicated to fulfill the benefits of its 4.6 million participants and their pension funds.
APG Asset Management is compiling a balanced investment mix. To ensure good and affordable pensions an optimal return and growth of pension assets are essential. Environmental and social aspects as well as governance principles are key factors in all these investment decisions. With 800 highly qualified asset management employees spread over offices in Amsterdam, Heerlen, New York and Hong Kong, APG AM has the expertise to manage approximately 75% percent of the assets (€ 533 billion) internally.
IMPACT Building your sustainable future together
APG works actively with all its stakeholders to ensure the continuity of the pensions (based on collectivism and solidarity) and its ability to stand up to future developments in the long term. APG is the natural choice to gain in control of your financial future. Their motto “Tomorrow is today” conveys the message that APG works hard every day to ensure tomorrow’s pensions.
Environmental and social aspects as well as governance principles are factors in all our investment decisions. Together with you, we set out the framework for our investment policy and strategy.
As an active asset manager, APG AM is pursuing attractive investment returns and strong risk management. Investing pension assets is about more than just financial results. This is why responsible investment within APG Asset Management is closely embedded in the investment process. In all investment decisions we consider environmental and social aspects and the quality of governance. The compliance function has a role in this supporting and critically challenging role.
The compliance program of APG AM has been established to ensure the preservation of the APG’s reputation and integrity through compliance with applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards in each market in which it operates.
The Compliance department (9 FTE) assists in creating and maintaining an efficient and effective compliance. Devotion to the highest integrity standards and respect for our business values are expected from each employee. Compliance topics (MiFID II, AIFMD, Sanction Act, IT Security, AML and GDPR) are all embedded in the core processes of APG AM and actively managed from legal and reporting perspective.
Compliance is acting independently and pro-actively to all stakeholders and to the regulators. The Compliance department reports directly to the Board.
- As Compliance Officer you believe that integrity is the basis for the realization of the targets of APG Asset Management, its clients, and their participants. As a professional you are recognized by your knowledge of laws and regulations and your capability to make this tangible to other areas of expertise within APG AM.
- Based on knowledge and experience, and personal skills you are a sparring partner about compliance implications of APG AM’s policies, its products, transactions, strategies and structures. You monitor the trading & portfolio management activities and if necessary, you draw a line. You keep compliance well integrated in the business and ensure that APG AM acts in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- As Compliance Officer you have spent the majority of your career in financial services (investment management or wholesale banking) in an international context.
- You are a professional who is highly organized and have the ability to work independently. You know how to set priorities in a demanding work environment keeping your eyes to the target and delivering the highest standards and striving to continuous improvement in your profession.
- You are an expert in compliance for asset management, and you can acquaint yourself with new regulations and translate these to policies, guidelines and advise to the organization.
- Your communication skills give you the ability to interact with your colleague within the Compliance department as well as with colleagues of other departments.
- You can be flexible if that is possible or firm if that is required. You know how to connect with people at all levels in the organization, while staying independent in your professional judgement.
- You can express yourself in Dutch or English.
- As a professional you know how to organize your projects and assignments with other departments. To make sure that all stakeholders collaborate effectively, you take the lead in setting clear, collective objectives, determining clear roles and agreeing to standards for cooperation and communication.
- You are a team player, connecting people, profit and planet. Your indebt knowledge provides you with arguments with which you can convince – always looking at best option for the participants.
- As regulations could be complex in itself, you are able to simplify compliance and to create support with which the mission of APG can be realized in an effective and efficient manner.
- You are curious and flexible always looking for improvement and innovation. You take initiatives and responsibility; you have attention to detail while having the ability to see the big picture.
- Integrity and confidentiality are key requirements for working within APG.
Geïnteresseerd in deze vacature?