Respond to this vacancy
Our Client is a successful, growing retailer with over 1500 stores worldwide and all their products have their foundation in nature. They are active in an expanding market and they have a strong brand value.
Due to recent developments we are searching for our client for a charismatic, inspirational, driven, committed and with a positive energy
Finance Director Benelux
This brand-new role is a key part of the Benelux Leadership team and will play a vital role in driving business growth. The Director Finance Benelux is part of the board of directors and leads and manages the financial operations. The Director Finance Benelux is as well responsible for key areas such as Loss Prevention, Quality and Regulatory, Health, Safety & Environment (HSE), Government Relations (GR), GNFR and Office Automation (IT Operations and Cybersecurity).
The Finance Director, together with the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Operations Officer (COO) are responsible and accountable for the overall leadership and guidance of the company.
As Director Finance Benelux you are responsible for (further) professionalizing and digitalizing the finance organization and you know how to establish and optimize the role of finance within the organization.
The main tasks and corresponding responsibilities are;
- Developing and executing financial strategies aligned with the broader business objectives.
- Advise on financial implications of business decisions, investments and initiatives.
- Develop long-term financial plans and roadmaps to support business expansion and transformation.
- Support strategic initiatives, such as new market entry, product launches, or acquisitions, by conducting financial analysis, feasibility studies and business cases.
- Oversee and manage all financial aspects of the company, including financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting, as well as financial analysis, building towards a modern digital finance organization.
- Ensure compliance with local and international financial regulations and standards, including quality and regulatory requirements, and drive continuous improvement in financial processes and controls.
For this position we’re searching for an experienced and charismatic leader who inspires and engages all colleagues and external partners. A leader who build trust and has the highest standards of ethics. Someone who build a strong and trusted working relationship within and outside the business, operating as a supportive colleague and experienced professional. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels. First class strategic vision and skills combined with the ability to translate this across a retail business. Comfortable with the dynamic and fast-moving private equity environment, able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- University degree (WO), preferably with a CMA or RC.
- Proven experience as a CFO/ FD or in a senior finance leadership role, preferably within a (PE-owned) b to c multinational / retail organization.
- Experience with working in an international and matrix context.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of financial regulations and standards, with experience in quality and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to provide valuable insights and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Good understanding of health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team management, talent development, and change management.
- Fluent in Dutch and English languages, with excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages. French is a nice to have.
Interested in this vacancy?