Respond to this vacancy
Our Client is a smaller, hands-on energy transition investor focusing on early-stage and more risk orientated development projects within the renewable energy infrastructure projects across Europe. The company is seeking more complex investments (whether due to geography, technology or status of the project) and aims to turn these into investable projects for a wide array long term investors interested to invest in the area of sustainable infrastructure assets. Our client invests in future-proof business models and creates platforms consisting of high quality assets to the benefit of a modern energy infrastructure. The company has a strong track record in originating, de-risking and executing early stage opportunities, which enables them to stay in the frontiers of the energy transition. External investors invest directly in the company to finance the development and construction of assets. Our client has substantial in-house technical and operational expertise. At the moment they are with near 20 colleagues, they expect to grow in the next three years up to 40 colleagues.
The company is growing very rapidly and due to this expanding, they created a new role as Group Finance Director. Its finance organization is continuously developing and challenged to provide insights that add value. The Group Finance Director will report to the Dutch Managing Directors. The Group Finance Director is a key role for the organization, taking the team to a next level being prepared for more substantial fundraising.
The Group Finance Director will take charge of the oversight, management, day-to-day financial administration, financial reporting and tax filing for the group, particularly in The Netherlands. The Group Finance Director will have 2 direct reports who are responsible for the Dutch accounting and tax. Furthermore he/ she has 4-5 indirect reports, liaising with the local internal accountants in each of their most important investment jurisdictions. The new role is created to further professionalize the finance function and lead the company towards auditable and consolidated accounts.
To excel in this position, a hands-on, pragmatic attitude is crucial, as you will be expected to solve complex accounting issues with limited (external) support, since there are no large support teams.
The Group Finance Director brings a strong, ambitious personality, who understands the dynamics of a start-up culture and the entrepreneurial environment of this organization that started 5 years ago. He/ she understands how to be critical, accurate, questioning without judging, ability to think in solutions, support the business further forwards and recommend on accurate, timely analyses and financial data. He/ she is a fast learner and has a flexible mindset A high level of integrity and ethics characteristics are needed to be successful in this position. It helps a lot if the person brings a good sense of humor and some self-reflection.
- Managing and interpreting all finance, accounting, tax, and internal control activities.
- Ensures efficient and effective systems and processes for the accounting, control & reporting, including effective internal controls and risk management for financial reporting.
- When needed new accounting, reporting and tax standards / guidelines are made.
- Manage month-end closing procedures according to the policy and guidelines.
- Responsible for the year-end-closing process.
- Make sure tax accounting is done according to the latest guidelines and legislation.
- Take care of all contacts with external auditors and other stakeholders.
- Supporting the financial structuring of complex investment transactions from an accounting and tax angle.
- A university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, preferably with a Dutch RA.
- 10+ years of working experience in similar role(s), preferably within an investment environment, experienced to work within a smaller organization in an international context.
- In dept knowledge of Dutch accounting and tax regulations.
- In dept experience with the accounting and tax side of investment transactions.
- Experience with M&A is a ‘nice to have’, as is experience in the energy investment market. Fundamental is an interest into climate change related impact on the economy, as this drives the organization’s strategy.
- Excellent (verbal and written) communication and presentation skills, fluentness in English is a must. Other language capabilities are appreciated.
Interested in this vacancy?