Respond to this vacancy
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Bermuda, Canada, Europe, Singapore, US, and other territories. Their strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout their history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is their people.
Although they are currently active in the European and Asia regions, they see great opportunity to expand their market presence. They are planning to grow Everest Global Markets, their international insurance business, and build a local presence in many more regions.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead in the development and execution of the Everest Global Market’s strategy in Netherlands.
Kerntaken en belangrijke resultaatgebieden
- Establish, execute and maintain a strategic plan, in line with Everest Global Market’s objectives in collaboration with Everest’s group objectives.
- Maintain a focus on building and strengthening Everest’s relationships with brokers and agents, including representing Everest at various industry conferences and events.
- To assess the suitability of risks giving consideration to cycle management, exposure management and above all profitability.
- Build and manage a team, focused on underwriting, which will enhance the delivery of the strategic goals.
- P&L accountability for the country shared with the class of business heads Asia/Pacific / Europe.
- Align, empower, and influence others through ideas and encouragement and insight.
- Provide insurance solutions & broader risk management support to clients most complex risks and challenges.
- Developing a business and marketing plan, building brand and product awareness through broker market.
- Encouraging a culture that promotes fair customer outcomes are embedded and demonstrated at all levels within the Company where appropriate and representing the branch at the Product Oversight Group.
- Provide management and oversight of Everest Global Markets Netherlands Operations working closely with CEO of Everest Global Markets.
- To direct and oversee the underwriting activities for Netherlands.
- Ensure all Underwriters and claims handlers are operating within their delegated authorities.
- Primary point for all peer reviews for the Branch.
- Effective management of expenses in order that Everest maintains its competitive advantage.
- Provision of an annual underwriting year budgeting and forecast.
- Monitor, report, and comment underwriting results against Branch plan / budget / forecast.
- Provide direction to the EGM Claims in selection of clients for claims audits.
- Carry out periodic underwriting audits as necessary to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and controls that are in place to meet all regulatory and corporate governance requirements affecting the Branch and Parent, whether internal or external.
- To ensure that the underwriting governance and risk and control frameworks are operating effectively and to appraise the CUO on a regular basis of all relevant underwriting management matters.
- To undertake regular reviews of risks written in the portfolio to ensure adherence with risk appetite, internal procedures, and regulatory requirements, and to follow up on any actions and/or escalate any risk events as required.
- A degree educated professional, preferably incl. underwriting specific qualifications.
- Significant experience leading an Underwriting Function within an insurance institution, with proven experience managing teams across different locations.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, with the ability to provide concise executive summaries to senior management.
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively across the organization as well as with external stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge constructively.
- Ability to adapt and embrace change, solutions driven.
- Tenacity and decisiveness, with the courage to take risks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrates respect for the opinions of others.
- Proven experience in leading, managing and developing underwriting talent.
- Demonstrable experience in progressive commercial underwriting in the International marketplace.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing profitable portfolios.
- Deep experience in European regulatory environments and managing relationships with regulatory bodies.
- High Proficiency in written and verbal English.
Interested in this vacancy?