Respond to this vacancy
Cerba Research provides the highest quality specialized laboratory and diagnostic solutions while leveraging patient data and scientific insight to shape and advance clinical trials projects. With additional access through a global network of leading, specialty laboratories, Cerba supports global biotech, pharma, and IVD organizations to improve the lives of patients around the world.
Cerba Research has two headquarters, one in Gent, and the other in Rotterdam. Cerba Research has over 1.000 employees and a turnover of over € 250 million. The organisation is PE owned (EQT – a Swedish PE firm) and has ambitious growth plans. They will grow organically and through acquisitions, both geographically and on product level.
Cerba Research is growing very rapidly and is a highly dynamic organization. Its finance organization is continuously developing and challenged to provide insights that add value. The current finance organization consist of appr 30 financials (financial control, business control, accounting and operations) mainly in Rotterdam and Gent, but also in other global locations.
The Global Head of Business Control will manage a global business finance team and he/she will makes sure that finance act as a true business partner to the business, working with uniform KPI’s, producing uniform reports and providing the business with good insights that add value. Together with the CFO he/she will realize a solid integration in the Cerba Research Group companies in terms of people, processes and systems.
The Global Head of Business Control is responsible for the financial planning and analysis of the group. Oversee, maintain, report and monitor all planning, forecasting, budgeting activities, as well as provide support and visibility into performance or cost benefit analysis. The Global Head of Business Control will focus on operational & commercial aspects of Cerba Research and its entities to evaluate the company’s progress toward achieving its targets.
The ideal candidate is the driving force for business control and performance measurement for Cerba Research on a global level. He/ she is capable of managing people (remotely), is actively involved, has a good business acumen and gets things done.
You are a strong and ambitious personality, who understands the business and is a true business partner to the Cerba Research organization.
To be successful in this job, you bring the following skills, experiences and characteristics:
- A university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or an established working record in one of these fields;
- 8+ years of working experience in similar role(s), preferably within an international context, in a multi-country, multi-regulations, multi-systems environment;
- The ideal candidate is an experienced and inspiring coach & mentor for his teams;
- Strong work ethics and high integrity standards. You have the courage to voice issues when you see them;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build trustful relationships internally and externally, while being sensitive to cultural and personal differences. You can handle difficult conversations and you’re fluent in business English, French is a plus;
- Results oriented, excellent team player with a strong drive and leadership skills;
- Problem-solver and critical thinker mindset, who is excellent in time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to structure teams and processes, agile and entrepreneurial minded with the ability to mix entrepreneurism in a larger corporate environment;
- Proven track record of successful Finance information systems implementation and proven experience in business transformation;
- Ability to work in a fast-growing and fast-paced matrix environment;
- It helps a lot if a person brings a good sense of humor and some self-reflection.
Entrepreneurial experience within diagnostics, pharma or biotech industry and knowledge of clinical trials is an advantage, but the successful candidate can also come from a background in project management/ project services industries (e.g. IT services, engineering).
Interested in this vacancy?