Respond to this vacancy
Cerba Research provides the highest quality specialized laboratory and diagnostic solutions while leveraging patient data and scientific insight to shape and advance clinical trials projects. With additional access through a global network of leading, specialty laboratories, Cerba supports global biotech, pharma, and IVD organizations to improve the lives of patients around the world.
Cerba Research has two headquarters, one in Gent, and the other in Rotterdam. Cerba Research has over 1.000 employees and a turnover of over € 250 million. The organisation is PE owned (EQT – a Swedish PE firm) and has ambitious growth plans. They will grow organically and through acquisitions, both geographically and on product level.
Cerba Research is growing very rapidly and is a highly dynamic organization. Its finance organization is continuously developing and challenged to provide insights that add value. The current finance organization consist of appr 30 financials (financial control, business control, accounting and operations) mainly in Rotterdam and Gent, but also in other global locations.
The Business Controller Netherlands will be responsible for the business controller activities for the Cerba Research entities in The Netherlands, as well as for various dashboarding, harmonization and reporting projects. To assure quality, you will continuously question and verify figures, and follow timelines for reports. A successful Business Controller is able to adapt quickly and remain flexible within a dynamic and changing environment. You have a hands-on, pro-active attitude and continue searching for a solution where others tend to give up.
- Define and analyze strategic performance measurements and key performance indicators, review projects, business units and company budgets, conduct analyses and monitor synergies in order to increase the financial predictability of the organization;
- Provide proactive or on demand ad-hoc analyses and recommendations which are key for performance evaluation or decision making, to key stakeholders;
- Lead the monthly collection, review and approval of monthly billing figures, both for invoicing and forecasting, by maintaining the recognition and forecasting files, coordinating actions from all business unit stakeholders and resolving process issues;
- Introduce and manage automated processes and tools to create a reporting cycle with forward-looking insights;
- Contribute to the implementation and improvement of systems and related tools;
- Work closely with various company stakeholders to add value and seek for continued improvements;
- Translate expected future developments into the implications on the company and its business strategy;
- Define lead indicators and advise management how to interpret these to make informed business decisions;
- Fundamentally contribute to monthly reporting process;
- Drive the budgeting and forecasting processes, in particular consolidating bottom-up expectations from departments and setting up granular budget tracking;
- Continuously develop internal data tools to allow for new and more accurate business insights.
Requirements (Education, experience and personal attributes):
You are a smart and ambitious personality, who understands the business and is a true business partner to the Cerba Research entities in The Netherlands.
To be successful in this job, you bring the following skills, experiences and characteristics:
- A university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related study;
- > 3+ years of working experience in similar role(s);
- Strong work ethics and high integrity standards. You have the courage to voice issues when you see them;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build trustful relationships internally and externally, while being sensitive to cultural and personal differences. You’re fluent in business English, Dutch is a nice to have;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel;
- Experience setting up and maintaining relational databases;
- Results oriented, excellent team player with a strong drive;
- Problem-solver and critical thinker mindset, who is excellent in time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-growing and fast-paced matrix environment;
- It helps a lot if a person brings a good sense of optimism, patience, is low in ego and open minded.
Interested in this vacancy?