Respond to this vacancy
With a wide range of 18 terminals in 6 countries, HES International is one of Europe’s largest independent bulk handling companies for liquid and dry bulk products. HES International’s companies hold a unique independent position in the supply chain of bulk goods for a wide range of products and provide first class access to Europe's deep draft terminals complemented by excellent hinterland connectivity by barge, rail and truck.
To support the HR Director and to bring the HR strategy further we are currently searching for an all-round and pro-active Group HR Manager. In this role you will report to, and work closely with the HR Director.
The main focus will be on driving, managing and coordinating the company’s human resources projects across sub-functions. This is a new role and a combination of HR responsibilities for both the HQ (30 fte), as well as a role in which you will lead several HR projects to improve the organization (1270 fte in total).
Several projects have already been started but need to be further developed and continued.
Examples of these projects are:
- Redeployment of the HR system (ADP);
- Employee satisfaction survey; For the whole of HES International, collect information, follow up and make action plans for the future;
- Project with regards to job profiling and -grading;
- High potential program, also with regards to succession planning;
- Several other projects with regards to diversity and inclusion, pensions and talent management.
The Group HR Manager plays a pivotal role in the process of further professionalization of the HR function. The role is a great opportunity to make a real difference in supporting the growth and success of HES International and to shape the HR direction.
Furthermore you will:
- Identify requirements for HR frameworks and tools to meet business needs;
- Manage workstreams or projects for HR (change) programs to ensure that core HR processes are set-up and aligned across Terminals and the Group. Ensure integration with related projects when needed; use structured project management methodologies to build acceptance of change and embed desired culture and behaviors;
- Contribute to the management of partnering relationships with internal customers, building effective working relationships with the board and senior managers and providing high-quality services to support them in delivering their business strategy and plans;
- Provide the HR Director with relevant information to support her decision making.
The Group HR Manager is an all-round, creative, modern HR professional with an open minded and empathetic personality. A self-starter who is passionate about building out HR and has the personality to create support from within the organization and is able to build bridges between the Group and the various Terminals. Somebody who is professionally seasoned and has up to date knowledge of the latest developments within the field of HR and is comfortable working autonomously but in a collaborative manner. A no-nonsense professional with an open and flexible mind-set and a high energy level.
Moreover you have the following qualifications:
- Academic level in relevant discipline, preferably with HR or business management related major;
- Substantial general work experience together with comprehensive job-related experience in HR to fully competent level. Preferably in a related business context;
- Experience with project management and strong stakeholder management skills; ability to anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders;
- Knowledge of Dutch labour law. Knowledge of other European labour law legislations is a pre;
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quality and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems;
- Effective communication skills that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences;
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. Ability to work on a stand-alone basis;
- Honesty, integrity and authenticity;
- Able to take initiative and ownership;
- Proactive and a strong drive to constantly improve and to achieve results;
- Fluency in written and verbal Dutch and English.
Interested in this vacancy?