Respond to this vacancy
Van Leeuwen Buizen was founded almost 100 years ago in 1924 when Piet van Leeuwen started trading iron and steel pipes. Delivering high-quality, sincerely caring about customers and employees and being entrepreneurial are in the DNA of Van Leeuwen. This is also noted by others, as Van Leeuwen is on the 14th place on the MT500 list of business with the best reputation in 2021 and on the 1st place in the category family businesses. Nowadays, it is the number one pipe and tube specialist and has grown into a globally operating trading company with over 2,500 employees and active in more than 33 countries around the world.
The Global Talent & Development Manager role is a new position in the Global HR team which is in line with the people strategy to develop leaders and invest in culture and to manage and develop their talents. You ensure continuous alignment of the talent strategy with all the needs and demands of the company. In this role you will work closely together with the CHRO and will align with senior leadership, senior management, HR colleagues to design and deliver future proof talent journeys.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and execution of talent management, leadership development, and organizational development projects and core processes;
- Design a structure to systematically review and assess talent and set up a review of van Leeuwen’s people succession planning;
- Working with the CHRO and stakeholders in the business and HR to deploy enterprise Talent/OD/ Leadership programs and execute change initiatives;
- Develop leadership programs to develop and train van Leeuwen’s leaders on manager and directors’ level and train the trainers in the business to guarantee continuity;
- Build a learning architecture for employees utilizing a combination of eLearning, on the job experiences and classroom programming;
- Collecting and analysing data to understand needs, diagnose issues, and define pragmatic solutions for employee engagement;
- Set up a good learning framework (LMS) and eLearning In Workday, design the learning architecture and investigate the business needs.
- Relevant master in e.g., HRM, Business Administration or Business Psychology;
- Proven and significant experience and working knowledge with talent attraction, talent management, designing, guiding, and managing change processes and organizational development;
- International experience and experience with organizational change;
- Successful record of implementing new processes and projects, with impactful results on the business;
- You drive vision and purpose, have a strategic mindset and business acumen;
- You instil trust, collaborate and are excellent at stakeholder management;
- You are conceptually strong and can put new ideas into practise;
- You can convince others about your ideas and are organisational sensitive;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, can manage ambiguity and are flexible;
- You are structured and thorough and know how to prioritize and finish your tasks;
- You have a positive, can-do attitude and like to work together in a team.
Interested in this vacancy?