Respond to this vacancy
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. DLA Piper strives to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to their clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. The clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
DLA Piper is embarking on a huge and impactful transformation program. They will significantly change the way of operating across the international business and the impact will be far-reaching. Over the next 2-3 years they will re-think and streamline current processes, implement world class technology, establish a mature Global Shared Service Centre (GSC) and deliver enhanced levels of customer service across the international business – both internally and to the clients.
For DLA Piper we are looking for a Finance Projects Lead Europe who supports the realisation of the finance transformation by working on various projects including the establishment of a consistent operating model in Europe, as well as in managing key projects in the region. The Finance Projects Lead acts as the right hand of the Head of Finance Europe.
He or she will work intensively with the central Finance teams based in the UK (particularly Service Delivery, Accounting & Control, Finance Systems) and local Finance teams in the European region to deliver seamless operational accounting processes that enable the firm to further enhance efficieny of finance operations. The Finance Projects Lead will work on other ad-hoc projects in the regions as they arise.
The candidate we are looking for is a strong, confident, technical, pragmatic and experienced finance professional who gets excited by the idea of developing this new position. He or she is ready to take responsibility in realizing the ambition and the transformation program within DLA Piper, together with your colleagues.
To be successful in this job, you bring the following skills, experiences and characteristics:
- Masters qualification in finance, accounting or business economics, preferably a Post Master RA
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience and a strong technical background, both in accounting and in finance systems
- Experience with ERP implementations
- Previous international exposure is required
- Be able to deal with the ambiguity of a transformation programme whilst managing the operation “business as usual”
- Comfortable meeting and building up relationships with members of the local finance teams
- Able to challenge current practice and thinking
- Energetic, proactive, entrepreneurial, flexible mindset and business minded
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be fluent in English
- Willing to travel internationally (approx. 20%)
Interested in this vacancy?