Respond to this vacancy
For Santander CIB, a top tier international bank which is setting up a new Branch in the Netherlands (Amsterdam), we are looking for an experienced Head of Finance, IT & Operations to join their team. In this job, you get the unique opportunity to be part of a grow-and-build story with a lot of ambition and ownership.
We are looking for a strong, autonomous and self starting finance professional, who has the ambition to set up and lead the finance activities of the new local Branch.
The assignment for the Head of Finance, IT & Operations is to act as the main representative of the Branch in relation to all finance & control issues and to realise and to promote a solid finance structure for today and tomorrow.
This position offers you a unique opportunity to participate in seting up a Branch for a leading bank and be part of an ambitious, fastgrowing team. As Head of Finance, IT & Operations you will be member of the European controllers team. Working at Santander CIB means working in a dynamic and professional setting where you can constantly develop and grow on a personal as well as a professional level.
Next to above responsible for:
- Building from scratch a solid, reliable and efficient finance function that is able to develop alongside with the growth of the business of the Dutch Branch.
- Responsible for the full accounting, reporting & control processes and for generating management information, incl. month end close process.
- Reporting to local authorities (regulator, tax authority, etc) and internal reporting required by the Group.
- Development, implementation and execution of budgeting and cost management. Supporting the business in these areas.
- Overseeing the day-to-day and longer term operations and advising on financial aspects of the strategic plans of the Dutch Branch.
- Continuous improvements where needed to realize a transparent and highly efficient finance environment.
- Management of SLA with Santander BO and coordination with central IT team for basic infrastructure.
- Coordination and collaboration with external and internal auditor.
- You are a senior finance professional with at least 10 years experience as a financial including experience within the banking industry
- Solid knowledge of (regulatory) reporting, accounting standards (IFRS and Dutch GAAP) and business supportive finance.
- Entrepreneurial and flexible mindset.
- Combines excellent analytical skills with a hands on mentality.
- Energetic, proactive and business minded.
- A motivated team player with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Fluency in Dutch and English. Understanding of the Spanish language is an advantage.
Interested in this vacancy?