Respond to this vacancy
Adyen was founded in 2006 by a group of entrepreneurs. The existing payments technology consisted of a patchwork of systems built on outdated infrastructure. With the aim of helping businesses grow, the co-founders set out to build a platform capable of meeting the rapidly evolving needs of today's fast-growing global businesses, and today, Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies.
Their unobvious approach is a product of the diverse perspectives of over 2,000 employees with 50 different nationalities. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping Adyen maintain their momentum. Their business challenges are unique, they need as many different voices as possible to join them in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, Adyen welcomes you to be your true self.
Adyen is looking for a HR Business Partner Europe to support and coach team leads in their Commercial European teams, to ensure they’re growing and getting the best from their people. These teams are located in Amsterdam, as well as in 10 other countries on the Europe, the UK and Dubai. You’ll also be working closely with our bigger HR team to enhance hiring, learning, compensation and innovation initiatives in these regions.
You’ll be a successful HR Business Partner at Adyen if you thrive in their fast-paced, constantly-changing, entrepreneurial environment, and aren’t afraid to challenge leaders’ thinking, take ownership of challenges, and roll up your sleeves to help get things off the ground.
- Being an effective sparring partner for team leads to all things related to people in their teams. Coaching managers to get the best from their teams, which includes discussing their teams’ impact with them bi-annually, and helping them decide how to grow and compensate their teams.
- Collaborating with a global, cross-functional team of subject-matter experts in HR (recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development and innovation projects) to develop, enhance and launch initiatives that meet the needs of our teams and help us retain and grow the best people in each region.
- Identifying - and acting on - trends and opportunities that point to better ways of doing things as we scale.
- Challenging managers on their thinking, and guiding them on difficult conversations when it’s appropriate to do so.
- Guiding managers when a team member is struggling to make impact.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Adyen Formula and the Adyen Way of Leading Teams, guiding managers to apply our core values in their day-to-day decisions.
- You’ve got at least 7 years’ experience working with managers and leaders at all levels, in a people partnering role at an international high-pace company.
- You have a strong sense of self, build trust quickly, and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo with managers.
- You understand organisational dynamics, know what healthy, motivated, growing teams look like, and can give guidance on what to do to make this even better.
- You’re hands-on, but know how to collaborate and prioritise, you are stress resistant and constantly looking for how things can be done more simply or automated.
- You’re excited to try new approaches and do things differently, and aren’t afraid to “build as you go”.
- You’re well versed in international labour law, and know how to get answers for the things you don’t know.
- You communicate with influence, in professional business English. Proficiency in German or French would be advantageous.
Interested in this vacancy?