Respond to this vacancy
APG Asset Management (AM) is fully dedicated to fulfill the benefits of its ~5 million participants and their pension funds. With a compelling balanced investment mix, APG ensures good and affordable pensions with an optimal return and growth of pension assets. Environmental and social aspects as well as governance principles are key factors in all these investment decisions.
Compliance supports and facilitates APG AM in doing the right things, the right way and with integrity. Helping APG AM to realize its strategic objectives and safeguarding the assets of their clients; and ensuring the future income of their participants. The role of Compliance is focused on regulatory services, regulator liaison office and compliance risk management. Thereby enhancing the global compliance programme with the focus on governance & organisation, risk management and digitalisation.
The Compliance department (9FTE) is moving towards anticipating and sharing knowledge on beforehand and will be more focused on its strategic business partnership role. At the same time enhancements in the global compliance programme will focus on governance & organisation, risk management and digitalisation.
The risk management process is aimed at monitoring the risk profile and the effectiveness of risk management. Within the Compliance department the Monitoring & Reporting Compliance Officer will have a crucial critically role in the process of monitoring risks. This is a continuous process of design, execution, analytics, reporting en proposing enhancements. At the same time we are preparing ourselves for a more digital future in which data analytics, artificial intelligence and real-time monitoring and dashboarding of compliance risk are key.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Development controls focused monitoring framework
- Set up of the annual risk based monitoring plan
- Execution of Second line Monitoring
- Compliance reporting (i.a. quarterly compliance reports, dashboards on key risk areas, annual report)
- Global oversight monitoring
- Monitoring and challenge the draft quarterly reporting of oversees teams.
- You believe that integrity is the basis for the realization of the targets of APG AM, its clients, and their participants. You have spent the majority of your career in compliance risk management in the financial services industry.
- You have experienced working within multidisciplinary teams; you stimulate transparent cooperation and ensure adequate checks and balances to prevent abuses and incidents.
- You are experienced in monitoring and integration of financial services in regulatory reporting. You are familiar using data to guide decisions and reporting and have worked closely with/within Operational Risk Management and or other data driven analytical roles.
- You have an academic degree; recognised compliance risk management accreditation desirable. You have affinity with financial instruments and investments, data, IT and strong attraction to digitalization and dashboards.
- You are a professional who has the ability to work independently, setting priorities in a demanding work environment, keeping goal focused and delivering the highest standards to continuous improve in your profession.
- You take initiative, by i.a. optimising monitoring plans, risk based analysis, reports and functional oversight over the oversees branches/subsidiairies.
- You are a challenging partner with countervailing power. Your indebt knowledge provides you with arguments with which you can convince – always looking at best option for the participants.
- You are analytically strong, have an independent and critical view, but are also able to put daily practice into perspective, in order to create support.
- You are curious and flexible, looking for improvement and innovation in a commercial and result-orientated environment. Organizational sensitivity, pro-activity can-do mentality and persuasiveness, enables you to manage and deliver expectations.
- Your communication skills gives you the ability to interact with your colleague within the Compliance department as well as with colleagues of other departments.
- Integrity, confidentiality, flexibility and drive to change things for the better are key requirements for working within APG.
Interested in this vacancy?