Respond to this vacancy
APG Asset Management (AM) is fully dedicated to fulfill the benefits of its ~5 million participants and their pension funds. With a compelling balanced investment mix, APG ensures good and affordable pensions with an optimal return and growth of pension assets. Environmental and social aspects as well as governance principles are key factors in all these investment decisions.
Compliance supports and facilitates APG AM in doing the right things, the right way and with integrity. Helping APG AM to realize its strategic objectives and safeguarding the assets of their clients; and ensuring the future income of their participants. The role of Compliance is focused on regulatory services, regulator liaison office and compliance risk management. Thereby enhancing the global compliance programme with the focus on governance & organisation, risk management and digitalisation.
The Compliance department (9FTE) is moving towards anticipating and sharing knowledge on beforehand. Within the Compliance department the Account Managers & Advisory roles are acting as strategic business partners and are responsible for optimizing collaboration with collegues in the first line. Placing responsibilities in the organisation itself and involve (internal) specialists in a timely manner, the Advisor is the linking pin for all the compliance pillars towards boardmembers, staff, portfoliomanagement and fiduciary clients. This position focuses on fiduciary services and the staff functions reporting to CEO and CFRO.
In this role you are:
- The key contact towards a stakeholder group in the first line (account manager)
- Forward looking on new regulation and trends in the market, trend analysis or lessons learned
- Responsible for Policy (new & update) and risk appetite drafting on behalf of the board
- Performing Risk Assessments together with your business line
- The Compliance Expert advisor towards your business line, supported by topic leads in the Compliance team
- Developing Compliance procedures, toolkits and other methods to support business
- The Compliance Risk Manager on regulatory projects in your business line.
The Advisor will be having a leading role in sharing knowledge and understanding of compliance throughout the organization. He/she connects, offers countervailing power without losing sight of the relationship. The Advisor has an excellent sense of situational communication.
- You believe that integrity is the basis for the realization of the targets of APG AM, its clients, and their participants. You have spent the majority of your career in compliance risk management in the financial services industry.
- You have experienced working within multidisciplinary teams; you stimulate transparent cooperation and ensure adequate checks and balances to prevent abuses and incidents.
- You have an academicre degree; recognised compliance risk management accreditation desirable. You have affinity with financial instruments and investments.
- You are a professional who has the ability to work independently. You know how to set priorities in a demanding work environment keeping goal focused and delivering the highest standards and strive to continuous improvement in your profession.
- You are a challenging partner with countervailing power. Your indebt knowledge provides you with arguments with which you can convince – always looking at best option for the participants.
- You are analytically strong, have an independent and critical view, but are also able to put daily practice into perspective, in order to create support.
- You are curious and flexible always looking for improvement and innovation in a commercial and result-orientated environment. Organizational sensitivity, pro-activity can-do mentality and persuasiveness, enables you to manage and deliver expectations.
- You take initiative, for example in optimising reports and the establishment of procedures for more decisive compliance monitoring.
- Your communication skills gives you the ability to interact with your colleague within the Compliance department as well as with colleagues of other departments.
Interested in this vacancy?