Respond to this vacancy
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with operations in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, they are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind.
For SNV we are looking for a Head of Corporate Affairs who will be heading this new unit of approximately ten skilled professionals with experience in different corporate functions.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- The support to corporate governance bodies includes organisation of decision-making processes and internal corporate communications, narrative corporate annual planning and reporting, and legal advice.
- The policy and internal audit function includes coordinating policy development and policy maintenance at global and country level, delivering internal process audits and carrying out control frameworks and organisational assessments.
- External communications is mainly focused on current and potential future donors and partners. This function requires a refresh including a strengthened narrative on direct results, systems change and SNV’s unique selling points.
The Head is the owner of the above functions and ensures these are in line with SNV’s Strategic Plan.. By realising a solid Corporate Affairs function, the Head will support organisation and business increasing efficiency and productivity.
The Head is a sparring partner for the Managing Board and will frequently participate in MB meetings. (S)he is a colleague amongst equals with the other Heads of Global Units (Finance, HR, Business Development, ICT, Agriculture, Energy and WASH).
- A master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as public management, MBA, communications, or international development.
- Proven track record with over 12 years in Corporate Affairs leadership positions of which at least 7 years in managing professional teams in a culturally diverse, international setting.
- Solid management experience in external and internal communications.
- Solid experience in complex governance and planning processes.
Personality and skills
- A strong, autonomous, insightful and influential leader who can drive processes in a decentralised, matrix environment.
- Ability to operate at different levels and to translate strategy into action. Willing to provide hands-on support when needed.
- Strong people skills and flexible mindset. Clear communicator including excellent writing skills. Fluent in English;
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence.
- Willingness to incidentally travel.
Interested in this vacancy?