Respond to this vacancy
FMO is the Dutch entrepreneurial development bank. FMO invests in emerging markets in order to stimulate job creation and income generation by making stable development impact. The aim of FMO is to improve people’s lives in those parts of the world where this makes the biggest difference. The ultimate goal of FMO is to empower people in emerging markets to apply their skills and improve their own quality of life.
FMO believes in a world where, in 2050, more than nine billion people live well and within the means of the planet's resources. In pursuit of this vision, FMO's mission is to empower entrepreneurs to build this better world. To that end, FMO invests in businesses, projects and financial institutions.
Corporate culture and values
FMO strives for a flawless reputation when it comes to integrity and accordingly expect all employees, irrespective of their position, to behave beyond reproach. FMO has created an open culture that is based on respect, integrity and social responsibility. The core values of FMO are; Making the Difference, Diversity, Quality, and Integrity.
The Compliance department assists in creating and maintaining an efficient and effective compliance programme which is well integrated in the core values of FMO and ensures that their investments, customers and other stakeholders act in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
The Compliance Officer supports and facilitates the business in taking this responsibility by a variety of activities:
- Drafting, embedding and carrying out an (integrity wide) monitoring plan based on the outcomes of the SIRA, aimed at client integrity, personal conduct, financial services conduct, organisational conduct;
- Reporting and following up of findings to a.o. Compliance Committee, Management of FMO as well as Front Office;
- Advising and supporting management in identifying, monitoring of controls and key (compliance) risk indicators;
- Initiating and facilitating periodical compliance control self-assessments;
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting of compliance incidents.
The Compliance department of FMO stands for providing proactive advise on a variety of Compliance topics.
The Senior Compliance Officer is a professional who is a solid advisor to the business (first line of defense) in their execution of the investment policy within international regulatory legislations. As Senior Compliance Officer you have spent the majority of your career in financial services (wholesale banking or consultancy) in an international context.
Thereby, you are experienced in monitoring and integrating financial services in regulatory reporting. In this position you will make use of data to guide decisions and have worked closely with (or within) e.g. Operational Risk Management or Internal Audit. Based on knowledge and expertise, the Senior Compliance Officer is a leading figure on monitoring and reporting through all products, transactions, strategies and structures within banking.
All FMO employees are expected to have the highest integrity and ethical standards. Thereby the ideal candidate for this role has:
- Well developed analytical skills and is accurate;
- You are committed and always strive for excellence;
- You are someone who takes responsibility. Thereby you recognize and are aware of the influences and consequences of individual decisions that have an impact on the goals of the organization as a whole.
FMO hires candidates with passion for its mission; to empower entrepreneurs to build a better world. Diversity is one of the values of FMO; providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability and pregnancy.
Interested in this vacancy?