Respond to this vacancy
Governance Professional acting at Board level | Georgeson
Are you willing to make the step into strategic shareholder services, working on C-level for corporations in order to improve shareholder engagement and to help your clients during crucial moments of strategic decision making? Interested in giving advice for annual general meetings, being involved in M&A transactions and proxy voting?
If you are a young professional with a background in corporate law, compliance/corporate governance and you easily combine excellent communication skills with an analytical view, then we might be looking for you.
Georgeson is a global provider of strategic shareholder engagement, proxy solicitation and governance consulting services. They have helped many of the world’s leading organizations to maximize the value of relationships with their investors and stakeholders. With offices in many of the world’s major financial markets, Georgeson remains focused on managing every step of the shareholder engagement and proxy solicitation process, with expertise to handle everything from standard shareholder meetings to complex solicitations.
In this role you will advise Dutch listed companies and will be involved in a broad set of clients’ annual general meetings, extraordinary general meetings and M&A transactions. You have a background in corporate governance and have a keen interest in topics such as remuneration and ESG policies. As Account Manager you will be successful in assisting clients at board level and help them during crucial moments of strategic decision making. Thereby you are eager to maintain and develop the existing client base through exceptional service.
Georgeson has grown significantly over the past few years and is therefore searching for a highly talented and motivated governance professional to join their Rotterdam based team.
ABOUT your key accountabilities:
- Coordinate with clients to assess requirements and ensure achievement of clients objectives;
- Ensuring that each third party is reached in country specific markets to obtain a full understanding of each market participant;
- Ensuring methods used during a project are streamlined to ensure effective, efficient and cost effective completion of a project;
- Attending external – and internal client meetings;
- In specific markets ensure that the proxy voting process is known fully;
- Identify additional revenue opportunities from clients and maintain knowledge on market developments to identify potential new clients;
- Attending industry events.
Skills/ Experience & Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade senior stakeholders;
- Prior experience in corporate governance and experience working in a client facing environment;
- Basic knowledge of capital markets and proxy voting;
- Combines the willingness to make a deep dive into details with strategic thinking and a helicopter view;
- The continuous drive to learn and is highly analytical;
- Highly professional work ethic;
- University graduate or equivalent experience;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English and Dutch;
Do you have any questions? Feel free to reach out!
Are you interested and already know you want to apply? Leave your resume via the button and we will get back to you soon.
Interested in this vacancy?