Respond to this vacancy
This scale up organization is a leading global logistic provider. While operating as a third-party, the company combines a centralized marketplace with freight and transportation and that empowers businesses. They work with shippers in all industries (from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses) and create unique transportation solutions for them as well as for the transportation providers. This scale up is unwavering in its mission to provide the best service in the industry!
The Finance Director Europe, for this logistic scale up is responsible for providing dynamic leadership to the Europe F&A functions and supporting the overall strategy & development of the company as a member of the in-region Senior Leadership team. The Finance Director Europe will be responsible for establishing and executing on short / mid / long range goals & strategies which ensure the Europe F&A functions enable growth for the company, while also supporting the Head of Europe and the extended regional executive team by providing sound financial analysis & KPI reporting which aids in making impactful decisions that ultimately complement the companies pursuit of market dominance in Europe. The Finance Director Europe, will be leaned upon to help guide company strategy in Europe by providing sound financial insight & identifying ways of further optimizing the company P&L, balance sheet, and general cash flow – all with growth & bottom-line profitability in mind. Further, the Finance Director Europe will be responsible for ensuring the Europe organization is compliant with all known accounting statues, policies, and procedures both internally & externally (accounting policies & GAAPs for each country in scope). Within this role the Finance Director will be reporting to the SVP & Head of Europe, he is also expected to maintain dotted-line collaboration with the corporate CFO and all F&A teams supporting the organization globally. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a multinational, matrix environment.
- Exemplary financial acumen & previous experience managing accounting activities across multiple ledgers & entities.
- Ability to be a strategic leader, helping to define strategy and the direction of the business while exuding confidence amongst peer group and direct reports.
- Develops business strategies based on sound financial analysis & understanding of the external business environment the organization is operating in to drive profitable revenue growth in Europe.
- Reads and accurately interprets financial statements, evaluates data to determine financial patterns, tendencies & trends; develops business cases using financial information.
- Projects an expert level knowledge of the company and all facets of the business to internal and external customers.
- Develops and supports initiatives to drive business improvement with sound financial logic and design.
- Decisive, with a bias for action, helping to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Makes strategic decisions about the lateral movement and promotion of people to develop skills & fill key positions.
- An experienced coach & mentor who is adept at leading in a multicultural, millennial-heavy environment.
Interested in this vacancy?