Respond to this vacancy
CRH is a leading global building materials group employing over 87,000 people at around 3,800 locations in 31 countries. Its European division is active in three business areas: General Builders Merchants (GBM), Sanitary, Heating and Plumbing (SHAP) and DIY (Do-It-Yourself). Europe Distribution employs approximately 11,000 people in 6 countries (Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Germany and Austria), HQ is located in Amsterdam.
For CRH Distribution we are looking for a Business Control Manager who has the potential to become a Finance Director in the (near) future. As Business Control Manager you are clearly driving the performance of CRH Distribution by contributing to business planning, budgeting, management reporting processes and on top of that you follow up on investment requests. Thereby, with ability to drive change and results you are a solid strategic business partner. The Business Control Manager is actively collaborating with CRH Distribution Operating Companies (OpCos) in his focus (likely Switzerland, Germany and Austria) units.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Supports FD Europe Distribution in managing the business through monitoring financial results and providing financial (variance) analyses to support decision making on his Opcos.
- Plays a leading role in managing the business planning and reporting cycle (with a focus on his OpCos).
- Has a strong liaison with Operating Companies within the division on financial reporting matters and is able to challenge and support these Companies on financial and business analysis. Has a strong liaison with country controllers, country MDs and country FDs.
- Supports the (finance) organization in making a transformation from backward to forward looking.
- Ability to track and follow up on the key strategic initiatives.
- Master in Business or Accounting (RC/EMFC is a plus).
- Between 8 - 12 years of working experience. Relevant international corporate experience as a finance business partner in complex matrix organisations and experience in an international Opco.
- Fluency in English and German is a must.
- Willingness to travel in between 30 - 50% (like Switzerland, Germany & Austria).
- Combines the willingness to make a deep dive into the details when necessary with strategic thinking and a helicopter view.
- Strong in diverse, international stakeholder management and work in a complex environment.
Interested in this vacancy?