Respond to this vacancy
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing from a wide range of donors and clients to implement our mission.
SNV is seeking a Head of Finance in our Global Support Unit located in The Hague to provide leadership to our finance strategy and accounting function, to further strengthen SNV’s financial health and meet the internal and external financial reporting needs.
The organization is in transition. The Head of Finance needs to be a change manager who makes sure that the (international) finance organisation can keep up with the transformation SNV is going through. The main challenges for the Head of Finance will be amongst others:
- participate in controlling the business
- realize the portfolio being in control
- maximize SNV’s impact
- optimize of and realize uniform financial processes In the countries
The Head of Finance manages the finance unit (15 staff) which consists of four teams: Global Accounting Support, Business Planning & Control, Treasury and Accounting & Admin (of the Netherlands office). The Head of Finance is responsible for:
- Deliver correct and timely financial management information;
- Prepare financial statements and specific financial reporting to donors with attention to accuracy and adhering to strict deadlines;
- Contribute to the development of company strategy, inform decision-making as appropriate and provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers;
- Ensure that the regulatory financial and tax requirements of SNV are met;
- Ensure that corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed;
- Take ownership of corporate cash management and financial risk (FX) management;
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including external auditors and (tax) advisors.
The Head of Finance reports directly to the Managing Director Operations/CFO.
- Masters in relevant field; Finance, Accounting, Business Management; being a qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification is an advantage;
- Proven track record with over 12 years in financial management of which at least 7 years in managing professional teams;
- Experience in project organizations with multiple financing sources and requirements;
- Experience in the sector of international development cooperation or international consultancy or audit firm is desired;
Skills and competences:
- A strong, insightful and influential leader who can drive processes in a decentralized matrix environment;
- Ability to operate at both strategic and operational level, able and willing to provide hands-on support when needed;
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Peoplemanager, able to manage change
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Savvy in use of IT systems including ERP;
- Ability to handle high level of pressure and critical decision-making;
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance;
- Ability to work in culturally diverse, international settings;
- Willingness to incidentally travel.
Interested in this vacancy?