Respond to this vacancy
We are searching for HIVOS, located in The Hague, two (Program) Finance Managers for the global office. HIVOS is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues and strive for achieving structural change. One Finance Manager is responsible for the division Open Society and one for the division Green Society. Each division has their own focus and programs, but both are aimed to have social impact and a need for a Finance Manager to full fill the long term ambitions of HIVOS. The Finance Manager will report to the Division (Program) Director.
HIVOS as organization is in transition, they are strongly program focused and make a huge impact as a professional player in the international NGO landscape. Since the finance model for many NGO’s has changed in the last years, from funding to a responsibility in which they have to organize their own fundraising, HIVOS had to reinvent their business model and focus on funding and transparancy. This development had an impact on the finance domain as well.
In the future the Finance Manager will be manager to the Project Finance Officers, but you will start with a more hands-on mission. You will support the strategic decision making, initiate, challenge and manage the financial targets in line with the ambitions of HIVOS.
The Finance Manager
- advices and reports to the Program Director Open / Green on financial and administrative management and operations. Functionally you are reporting to the manager FSC.
- guides the Financial Officers in programme related financial and administrative processes, while you functionally coach Program Managers on these topics.
- supports Program Development Managers and Financial Officers’s in preparing and negotiating on budget related issues in complex proposal writing processes (call for proposals, tenders, with multiple stakeholders and demanding donors).
- facilitates improvements in the units’ operations, by supporting projects on risk management related to donor and partner contracts and partner selection.
- supports improvements in the HIVOS management information systems for the Open and Green units. For this, you will collaborate closely with HIVOS control and related project managers.
- At least bachelor degree, preferably academic level in Business Economics, Accounting or a related discipline.
- At least 6 years of experiences in working in complex financial environments and you are familiar with working in a matrix organisation.
- You have knowledge of project management, planning & control, administrative processes and donor requirements in an international, complex and high demanding environment, programmes involving multiple actors.
- You have a positive, optimistic, flexible character and you have the right social skills to realize a positive attitude towards compliance and improvements in compliant behaviour.
It’s a fulltime job, flexibility in working hours and location can be discussed. Your salary is based on HIVOS scale 12 and depending on your experience, can lead up to €4.880 based on a 36-hour workweek. The main language is English, but understand Dutch is also important.
Interested in this vacancy?