Respond to this vacancy
Viroclinics Biosciences is a leader in the strongly growing and dynamic market of diagnostic services companies. As a service organization they offer serological, virus-based and molecular analyses of any type of sample and combine this with a global logistics service network.
Viroclinics routinely performs a range of pre-clinical and clinical diagnostic services, including but not limited to; high throughput serology-, virology- and molecular assays, phenotyping, and genotyping in both translational studies and phase I-IV clinical studies.
They operate on a global level and are the preferred virology testing laboratory for several of the top-10 Biopharmaceutical companies. It has grown into a company exceeding 140 FTE of scientists and technical experts, and operates within a network of key opinion leaders and consultants.
Viroclinics is private equity owned, which is mainly driven on the company’s leading position in the biopharma market, futureproof business model and solid cash flows. Viroclinics’ investor provides the company with the opportunity to expand its fields of expertise and its portfolio services, both by organic growth and through acquisitions on a global level.
The Viroclinics Finance team contantly strives to improve the professionalism and quality of the company’s financial reporting to facilitate the company in its further growth. The key challenge of the newly to be recruited Business Controller is to increase the quality, contents and regularity of performance reporting (including new acquisitions) by creating automated, standardized and future proof business reporting processes.
In addition, the Business Controller will have the responsibility to track and follow up on new key strategic initiatives. In this role, one will support and challenge the (financial) business with relevant and to the point management information and act as a sparring partner on an operational –and management level.
Viroclinics is a fast growing and dynamic business, that over the next few years will provide ample additional personal development opportunities to people that show excellent performance and initiative.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Define and analyse strategic performance measurements and key performance indicators, review project and company budgets, conduct analysis and monitors synergies in order to increase the financial predictability of the organization;
- Provide proactive or on demand ad hoc analyses and recommendations which are key for performance evaluation or decision making, to both financial and operational directors;
- Introduce automated processes and tools to create a reporting cycle with forward-looking insights;
- Work closely with various company stakeholders to add value and seek for continued improvements;
- Translate expected future developments into the implications on the company and its business strategy;
- Define lead indicators and advise management how to interpret these to make informed business decisions+
- Fundamentally contribute to monthly reporting process.
- A Master degree in finance (for example in Business Administration/ Business Economics/ Accounting);
- Between 4-7 years of relevant working experience in a Business Controller role;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Combines the willingness to make a deep dive into the details when necessary with strategic thinking and a helicopter view;
- Continuous drive to improve processes, reporting & management information and has strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong communicator, go-getter, self-motivated, self-starter.
Interested in this vacancy?