Respond to this vacancy
Somfy is the world leader in the automatic control of openings and closures in homes and buildings.
People around the world dream of enjoying safe, healthy, and eco-friendly living conditions for themselves and their loved ones. From 59 countries and with 8400 employees worldwide, Somfy innovates to create better living environments accessible to everyone. They do this through three activities:
- Home & Building: Shutters & Awnings, Interior Solutions, High-Performance Façades
- Connected Solutions: Smart Home boxes and new connectivity technologies, Security
- Access: Gates, Garage doors, Security grilles, Urban access control
The Somfy Group has a portfolio of 13 complementary commercial brands, driven by the Somfy brand. Besides they cover most automation needs for openings and closures of homes and buildings around the world, they also offer the Group to service its distribution channels – manufacturers, installers, DIY superstores, e-commerce, architects – with suitable solutions.
For 50 years, Somfy's success has been based on talented and dedicated men and women. With their 2030 ambition, Somfy continues to focus on development opportunities for employees:
- Sharing the common mantra “One Somfy, One Team!” to work closely together and implement high standards.
- Promoting employee career development and inclusion through diversified recruitment.
- Marketing Somfy “A Great Place to Grow” to attract and develop talent.
- Securing team success by ensuring the conditions for employees to succeed, and also acting as coaches to help them grow.
For the Business Area Northern Europe, we are looking for an ambitious HR Director with a strong business acumen.
The HR Director will take seat in the NEBA (Northern Europe Business Area) management team and will be responsible for defining and executing the HR roadmap for seven countries.
He/she will drive the annual HR cycle and ensure the quality of the employee journey. It concerns an HR generalist position with an interesting mix of operations, tactics, and strategy.
Key tasks & responsibilities (among others):
- Acts as an HR generalist for the NEBA-region by overseeing and being active in all HR areas: Talent Acquisition, Comp & Ben, Learning & Development, Performance & Talent Management;
- Takes part in business meetings and will be responsible for the annual HR budget;
- Drives the annual HR cycle. Initiates campaigns, facilitates the process, shares supporting materials, coaches & trains managers and employees;
- Sets up and executes the recruitment plan. Defines the profiles, briefs and steers 3rd party recruitment agencies, and takes an active part in interviews ensuring quality and cultural fit of candidates;
- Ensures employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
- Takes an active part in the international HR community. Prepares and executes (Group) HR projects from the various centers of expertise (Comp & Ben, Learning & Development, Performance & Talent Management).
For this position we are looking for a hands-on person who uses his/her HR expertise and skills to bring value to the business. A true business partner who has a natural interest in understanding the business and who finds pleasure in further shaping the HR department and further building Somfy NEBA towards becoming an ‘Inspiring and Engaging’ employer.
- Master degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area;
- >5 years’ experience in an HR generalist position. Having managerial experience within the business is considered a big plus;
- Experience working within an international organisation in a culturally diverse environment;
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders – influences and gives advise on the basis of equality and consensus building;
- Analytical mindset – convinces through data and figures;
- Good knowledge of labour law & regulations;
- Able to travel;
- English language proficiency.
Interested in this vacancy?