Respond to this vacancy
As policy and legal advisor within the international development organization SNV you are the go-to person for the organization regarding legal issues. You advise, assess, supervise and adjust policies when necessary. You do this without losing sight of the mission of SNV and its projects; you make sure SNV can do what they do best; making a difference in the lives of people in poverty.
For our client, SNV (Netherlands Development Organization) we are looking for a Policy and Legal advisor that is willing to make impact on their organization and the world, by joining their new team Corporate Affairs.
ABOUT the company
SNV is one of the largest Dutch, development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. They make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, they are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind.
SNV does this through local presence. Their projects directly benefit millions of people but also drive system changes, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of the projects themselves.
ABOUT the position
In this role you are member of the new unit Corporate Affairs. Corporate Affairs systematically organises governance processes, coordinates coherent policy, gives legal advice, delivers internal audit, and is responsible for external marketing and communications. This is done by a team of approximately ten skilled professionals with experience in different corporate functions.
To complement the team we are looking for a policy & legal advisor. In this job you will focus on providing legal advice to the managing board. You will do this on risks and opportunities concerning corporate legal issues, including registration and tax issues, in the countries SNV operates in.
Furthermore you will coordinate policy development and maintenance. You will take ownership of the SNV Policy House, where all policies and procedures from the different units are collected. You make sure they are coherent and advise heads of the units on legal matters when necessary.
To be successful in this new job as legal & policy advisor you need to be a flexible team player that is able to communicate on different levels. You easily translate legal policies and laws into practical advice for the board.
Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following:
- You are a seasoned professional with a masters degree in a legal discipline
- Proven track record within corporate affairs, board secretariat or similar positions, preferably in an international setting.
- Solid experience in giving legal advice, coordinating the consistency of internal policies and compliance and accreditation processes in an international setting.
- Thorough understanding and experience in the sector of international development cooperation and/or international consultancy is desirable.
- You are a self-starter, you know where to get your information from and are not afraid to ask and give advice.
- Good communication skills, both talking and writing. You are fluent in English. Dutch and/or French language skills are an advantage.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to reach out!
Are you a good fit with the above and you already know you want to apply? Please leave your resume via the button and we will get back to you soon.
Interested in this vacancy?