Respond to this vacancy
As a contracting and procurement advisor within the international development organization SNV you are the go-to person for driving SNV’s excellence in contracting and procurement matters. You provide inhouse advise to (senior) management on contracting, procurement and related donor compliance topics in SNV’s projects and you do this at country, global and corporate level. You do this without losing sight of the mission of SNV and its projects; you make sure SNV can do what they do best; making a difference in the lives of people in poverty.
For our client, SNV (Netherlands Development Organization) we are looking for a Contracting & Procurement Advisor that is willing to make impact on their organization and the world, by joining their team Business Control & Support.
ABOUT the company
SNV is one of the largest Dutch, development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. They make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, they are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind.
SNV does this through local presence. Their projects directly benefit millions of people but also drive system changes, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of the projects themselves
In this position, you are a member of the Business Control & Support unit (BCS). This unit aims to improve alignment between corporate, country and project planning. BSC supports and controls these projects throughout the whole project cycle. This is done by a team of approximately ten skilled professionals with experience in different corporate functions and we are looking for someone with a procurement background to complement the team.
In this job you will oversee, develop and maintain SNV’s Contracting and Procurement, are giving guidance and tools to stakeholders to ensure efficient, competitive, transparent and compliant contracting and procurement across the organisation. You will actively stay in touch with SNV’s local procurement specialists and advise them when necessary.
Furthermore, you provide specialist advice on vendor, consultant and partner contract templates and negotiation processes at key moments during the project cycle, from proposal design and project execution.
To be successful in this new job as contracting & procurement advisor you need to be a flexible team player that is able to communicate on different levels. You easily find your way in contracts, donor requirements and know what the relevant risks are and how to mitigate them.
Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following:
- You are a seasoned professional (7+ years of experience) with a master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. public procurement or international law).
- Proven track record on contracting and procurement, highly preferably in an international development cooperation setting.
- Thorough understanding of SNV’s key donor requirements (such as Dutch/USA/UK Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, World Bank, etc).
- Good communication skills, both talking and writing. You are fluent in English and French (highly preferable)
- You are an independent worker and able to draw on external networks when necessary.
- You are able to translate complex procurement and contracting language to pragmatic advice to different layers in the organization.
- You have affinity with training people and (SAP) systems.
- You are a self-starter, you know where to get your information from and are not afraid to ask and give advice.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to reach out!
Are you a good fit with the above and you already know you want to apply? Please leave your resume via the button and we will get back to you within 7 working days.
Interested in this vacancy?