Respond to this vacancy
For Santander CIB a top tier international bank, which is setting up a new Branch in the Netherlands, we are looking for experienced Compliance professional to join their team. In this job, you get the unique opportunity to be part of a grow-and-build story with a lot of ambition and ownership.
Are you an ambitious Compliance professional, who is willing to lead and set up the new local Branch? Interested? Then continue reading; we might be looking for you!
As the Head of Compliance, you act as the main Compliance representative of the Branch you will provide a clear perspective of compliance in relation to compliance and FCC, to promote a solid compliance structure for today and tomorrow by acting as a second line of defense.
This position offers you a unique opportunity to set up a Branch for a leading bank and next to this be part of an ambitious, fastgrowing team. As Head of Compliance you will be a member of the European CIB compliance team. Working at Santander CIB means working in a dynamic and professional setting where you can constantly develop and grow on a personal as well as a professional level.
Next to above:
- To establish Compliance and FCC standards, challenging, advising and reporting, to both comply and stay fully up-to-date with new developments, identifying and solving dilemmas which very well might be the compliance risks of tomorrow;
- To provide independent challenge and oversight of the compliance, FCC and conduct risk management activities performed by the first line of defense and ensure that risks are managed and assessed in accordance with the risk appetite;
- To act as a linking pin within the matrix organization of Santander, you will be day-to-day sparring partner of the Dutch team and also connected with the European compliance group. Looking after the best interests of employees, clients, shareholders and the wider community;
- To manage and maintain strategic and trustworthy relationships with stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing and building story with a lot of empowerment and ownership and be backed by a strong and global CIB infrastructure.
- You are a senior professional with at least 8 years as a compliance officer including hands-on experience within the FCC field;
- You are a motivated team player with strong stakeholder management skills. You are proactive and have a high level of communication skills;
- You have a pragmatic approach and act as a sparring partner to the business. Thereby, you are able to provide convincing arguments and have countervailing power;
- As the Head of Compliance and FCC, you are able to work independently and share your strategic and inspiring vision on compliance and integrity, and are able to connect them to the mission of Santander;
- You have a master degree;
- Fluency in Dutch and English. Understanding of the Spanish language is an advantage.
Interested in this vacancy?