Respond to this vacancy
Outdoor Life Group (OLG) is the European market leader in producing and distributing garden timber and cabins. Their product categories range from decking and fences to play equipment and decoration. DIY retailers, e-tailers, professionals and consumers from all over Europe call upon OLG for their wide range of products and associated services.
The international company consists of several well-established European players, working together in a decentralized model. Their activities are grouped in four business units active in countries all over Europe. Each unit has its own management team and operational strategy, including category management, innovation agenda, product development, branding, digital application stack, organizational design and talent development.
Because of the transformation and growth of the company and the need of expertise from HR, OLG is looking for an all-round and pro-active HR Director.
In this new role, the HR Director will develop, lead and implement the people strategy for OLG in line with the overall business strategy. This position provides HR support to the Management Team and the Business Units. The main focus will be on providing services in the field of talent management, performance management, succession planning, recruitment and selection for the key positions as well as compensation and benefits. Ultimately, the HR Director will be instrumental in securing OLG’s long-term growth by leading all HR activities.
The HR Director will have strong strategic skills and pragmatic personality and approach. A self-starter who is passionate about building HR within an international organisation. Somebody who is comfortable working autonomously but in a collaborative manner. A no-nonsense professional with an open mind-set and a high energy level.
Moreover you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor/ Master degree and relevant progressive HR working experience from operational to strategic leadership role, over a span of 10 years or more.
- Proactive, a bias for rapid change and a strong drive to constantly improve and to achieve results.
- Experience with streamlining the HR strategy for multinational, business unit operated businesses.
- Is able to influence decision making, stretch the boundaries, clearly articulates a compelling HR agenda/ policies and decisively converts ideas to action.
- Business acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience with Private Equity owned companies is a preference.
- Fluency in written and verbal Dutch and English. German language capabilities is an advantage.
- Due to the international character of the company there will be travelling within Europe required for this role.
Interested in this vacancy?