Respond to this vacancy
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 25 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. With 1300 staff globally SNV works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. SNV is proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing its mission exclusively through project financing from a diverse group of international donors which appreciates SNV’s approaches.
Challenges for the future for SNV will be to improve its market position in a competitive market while maintaining its mission-driven identity and culture. This requires SNV to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence. In developing operational excellence, the significant and varied skill set of their staff is SNV’s premium resource. HR and flexibility of the workforce are important for the future.
In this role you will report directly to the CEO, Meike van Ginneken, and lead the global HR practice of SNV to meet the recruitment, deployment and retention challenges that come with SNV’s growing contract portfolio.
You will directly manage the global HR team consisting of 7 HR professionals that are responsible for all HR functions for the Netherlands and expat population and backstop HR for the national staff population. You will also have a functionally oversee approximately 20 HR staff in country offices. You will act as a sparring partner to the Managing Board and other relevant senior management on HR related topics and by initiating improvements and changes in the HR practices, you ensure high level quality to the various sectors, countries, and functional teams.
The Head of HR is a curious HR all-rounder. A modern HR professional with a high energy level who does not mechanically implement policies and procedures, but somebody who has strong strategic skills and has passion for results and talent.
- A professional with ideally a master degree in a relevant field (MBA, Social Science)
- Extensive years of experience, including several in a HR leadership position in an international setting
- Thorough understanding of the not-for-profit and/or commercial consultancy sector
- Able to translate the strategic direction in operational direction and initiate action
- Interpersonal effectiveness and integrity
- Pragmatic and structured, clear in communication
- Affinity with HR analytics
- Strong in (intercultural) stakeholder management
- Hands on mentality
- Language skills; fluent in English. Good working knowledge of Dutch is a strong advantage.
Interested in this vacancy?