Respond to this vacancy
Due to recent developments within INGKA Centres we are searching for a communicative, pro-active, flexible, organised, energetic and social International Business Controller.
ABOUT IKEA Centres – Business Navigation Team (Focus on Business Control)
As International Business Controller at INGKA Centres you will be a part of the CFO Domain. The CFO Domain´s mission is to enable business transformation and secure Ingka Group long term profitable growth and independence through financial steering and decision support, operational excellence and compliance. All done with the IKEA vision and values as a base.
A DAY in your life at INGKA Centres
As the International Business Controller you are expected to be a pro-active, trustworthy business partner who takes a multi-dimensional view of the business, connecting the needs of customers and the organisation with a complete overview of the profit & loss, and understanding of the balance sheet and cash flow management.
Supporting and challenging the organisation through business-case thinking. Take the lead in developing and promoting lean, simple and effective ways of working.
You will, by providing your services, be supporting a strong compliance framework, and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard the people, customers and businesses.
In this role you will report to the Country Business Navigation Manager, INGKA Centres.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant business information and expertise to the necessary target groups in a way which inspires and engages them to take meaningful decisions and actions to achieve the goals
- Partner with the Domains and Meeting Places in their financial performance and be responsible for the subsequent financial submission to global Centres business navigation.
- Contribute functional expertise to the leasing process to maximise commercial opportunities and achieve Meeting Place gross profit goals.
- Carry out functional reviews and support the units in improving their functional review outcomes in order to achieve growth, optimal performance and sustained long-term profitability and to improve competence and the customer experience.
- Secure the performance measurement and support to improve performance of the major KPI’s by being close to operations such as organizing workshops for business improvement, benchmark activities, etc.
- Have a full overview of the P&L and Investment and take responsibility for specific lines of the Centre P&L and cost groups supporting challenging and steering the Domain, Meeting places and Projects achieve their goals in these areas.
- Contribute functional expertise to the Meeting Place operations & leasing process and to the project management process to maximise commercial opportunities and achieve the goals of the Meeting Place and projects.
- Identify and actively pursue business opportunities as they arise.
- Work, and follow up with, appropriate partners in Domains, Meeting places and Projects to secure the effective implementation of tools, processes and best practice to secure the customer experience and the strong retail foundation.
We would like you to bring a minimum of 5 years’ of experience from business control, working with both commercial and financial processes, in particular retail pricing, into the role. In addition, your analytical skills are advanced and you are a natural when it comes to making relevant conclusions from substantial amounts of data as well as to communicate figures in an understandable and inspiring way!
- University graduate evt. with CFA/RA/RC qualification.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Can drive forward and implement change.
- Ability to engage and motivate people on different levels of the organization in an inspiring way, based on the IKEA values.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
Interested in this vacancy?