Respond to this vacancy
Our client is a global leader in TV production, distribution & media rights acquisition.
On behalf of our client we are recruiting for an experienced senior legal professional to set up and head the legal operations of a Dutch subsidiary in Amsterdam (the B.V.).
You will oversee all legal aspects of the new Dutch subsidiary. You will be responsible for assessing the legal responsibilities of the company as well as possible risks, most notably regulatory ones. You will analyze every day activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management, with a specific focus on meeting high governance standards.
The Director of Legal Affairs is a reliable professional with broad knowledge of the law in the Netherlands and has experience with working in an international environment. The director is a strategic thinker and supports upper management to make the most sound business decisions.
- As a secretary of the board, you will prepare board meetings and make minutes of the meetings;
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s legal position and act to prevent problems;
- Conduct risk management, analyze exposures;
- Make sure legal and administrative compliance requirements are met;
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information.
- Master in Dutch Law, and preferably admitted to the Dutch bar;
- Decision-making skills with strategic ability;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Leadership abilities;
- Excellent spoken and written English, French is an advantage.
Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a legal environment, with a track record in Dutch corporate law and regulatory/enforcement matters. Experience with legal work at a trustcompany is a pre.
Interested in this vacancy?