Respond to this vacancy
For our client, a large Dutch bank, we are looking for a director ‘junior capital’ (subordinated debt) and origination professional. You will offer ‘junior capital’ to Wholesale clients to support them in acquisitions, large investments and other corporate events. Imagine yourself pitching new finance ideas to clients and position the wholesale team for the biggest corporate events, such as major takeovers, IPO’s and restructurings. As a director you can make the difference by originating and executing event driven (junior) financing solutions.
The team - Financial Advisory & Solutions (FAS) - works collaboratively with Wholesale departments to provide optimal advice and financing solutions to help clients and prospects flourish in a challenging financial landscape. Through combined efforts, the team aims to enhance the structured lending element of the Wholesale strategy and support their clients to realise their ambitions.
The team is open and enthusiastic, in which team members challenge and cooperate with each other in order to create the best solutions for their clients. Every team member fulfills its role, with a lot of creativity and freedom. They operate in a growing, client facing, international business unit that operates in a commercial environment with a broad focus on innovative business opportunities.
With the addition of you in the role of a director, the team will consist of 40+ diverse colleagues in a variety of roles.
In your role you will:
- Work on a combination of providing Junior Capital solutions and event-driven Origination Unit
- Provide financial support to key clients through identification, pitching, structuring and execution of European junior capital opportunities
- Be responsible for the entire process from origination to deal execution
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the banks key corporate clients
- Assist and lead event-driven pitches in the Origination unit
- Educating and coaching of (junior) team members
- Maintain and monitor a portfolio of clients working closely with the team in order to coordinate the client contact and negotiation strategy
- Liaise and align with the client and external professionals in order to create successful closings
- Advocate a high quality risk attitude and always act accordingly to the strategic framework in which the bank operates.
Customer focus, innovative skills, a thorough commercial orientation, proactive nature and team spirit are the qualities the team is looking for in this role. In addition, it's important that you fulfil everything in the checklist below:
- Master’s degree
- At least 8-10 years of experience
- Experience in execution of (junior) lending transactions with corporate clients
- Experience in assessing and analysing corporate credit profiles
- Strong commercial drive with a focus on executing solutions;
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in managing and coordinating multi-stakeholder processes and in product development;
- Good risk perception is a prerequisite.
Interested in this vacancy?