Respond to this vacancy
This scale up organization is a highly dynamic, fast growing, leading, tech orientated global logistic provider. While operating as a third-party, the company combines a centralized marketplace with freight and transportation and that empowers businesses. They work with shippers in all industries (from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses) and create unique transportation solutions for them as well as for the transportation providers. This scale up is unwavering in its mission to provide the best service in the industry!
The MANAGER EUROPEAN GROUP CONTROL is responsible for providing dynamic leadership to an international team of 19 finance professionals divided over three physical locations in Amsterdam, Wroclaw and Dover. The MANAGER EUROPEAN GROUP CONTROL is leading, engaging, and developing this team and taking care of their efforts and results. He/ she oversees the overall Finance & Control function while taking the lead in:
- Providing corporate oversight on European level on all aspects of consolidated statutory accounting and reporting.
- Key point of contact for senior management and external auditors and advisors.
- (post) Acquisition support
- Design, development, and improvement of processes, structures, and an effective automation of financial and reporting processes.
- Tax accounting & control
Skills & Competences
- Strong, ambitious personality, good problem-solving skills, energetic, driven, pro-active and change-minded. Besides being gentle, humble and open, with a good sense for integrity and ethics.
- Knows how to involve stakeholders through excellent (verbal and written) communication and presentation skills.
- Tech savvy and has experience with system implementation and optimization
- It helps a lot if a person brings a good sense of humor, a critical yet constructive mind set and some self-reflection.
- The ideal candidate is an experienced coach & mentor who is adept at leading in a multicultural, millennial-heavy, matrix environment.
- A master in Business Economics (MBA) and preferably a RA/ ACCA.
- > 10 years of experience in Finance, Accounting & Control.
- With a few years of management experience.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with policies, guidelines and standards (e.g. IFRS, UK/US GAAP), tax accounting an transfer pricing based.
- A travel willingness up to 20-30%.
You will be part of the European Leadership team and report directly to the European VP Finance, your counterpart will be the Senior Manager FP&A. Together you will work on the improvement agenda of the finance organization in which you all will focus on building a more business orientated, real-time focused culture and to optimize and digitize the finance functions.
Interested in this vacancy?