Respond to this vacancy
Clifford Chance is one of the world’s pre-eminent law firms, with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. The Dutch firm, one of the key players of Continental Europe, have been providing clients with the highest-quality advice and legal insight for half a century and are committed to be the law firm of choice in the Netherlands for the world’s leading businesses and the best talent of today and tomorrow. Clifford Chance’s strategy recognises that the world they operate in is changing and that they too must be ready to change if they are to continue to lead and shape their sector.
In line with this we are looking for an ambitious and talented HR professional for the Amsterdam Office in the role of:
Head of HR
As Head of HR you are responsible for all HR organisational and people related matters within Clifford Chance in the Netherlands and you will be a full-fledged sparring partner to the Office Managing Partner, the General Manager and the Practice Area Leaders to shape the ambitions of Clifford Chance together. You will lead, advise, challenge, and guide them on HR matters in a proactive way.
The HR department consisting of 10 employees is based on 5 pillars containing: Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partnering, Resource Management/Staffing, Compensation & Benefits and HR Direct/HR Services (including Workday). The Head of HR is overall responsible and will have the unique opportunity to coach and further develop the HR team.
As Head of HR your key responsibilities are among others to deliver an innovative, clear and futureproof people strategy. A people strategy which is based on the global people and talent strategy, together with any additional regional or local HR strategic priorities. The main focus will be on Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Leadership Development, Career Progression and Compensation.
Additionally you will be an active member of the Regional HR Leadership Group in which best practices are shared internationally and are actively involved in cross-border HR projects.
The Head of HR has extensive and thorough knowledge of HR, is an experienced and inspiring HR expert and a modern and senior professional with a strong HR vision.
- Relevant academic degree or academic level of thinking/working.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience, preferably in a knowledge intensive environment.
- Broad experience in HR matters at both strategic and operational levels. A proven track record of developing and implementing HR initiatives that have demonstrably contributed to achieved business objectives.
- Track record with regards to attracting, engaging, retaining and growth of talent.
- Affinity and experience with HR analytics.
- Thorough understanding of Dutch labor and social legislation and relevant remuneration regulations.
- Proven managerial experience. Experience with coaching and further developing a team of HR professionals.
- Sharp and analytical minded, able to think conceptually and creatively. Ability to articulate ideas and arguments in a clear manner.
- Excellent communication skills, well developed coaching, influencing, convincing and presentation skills. Ability to build and maintain good relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Energetic and a hands-on mentality, combining know-how and ‘do-how’. Strives for operational excellence.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English.
Interested in this vacancy?