Respond to this vacancy
For our client Black Bear Carbon (BBC), we are looking for a allround Head of People, who loves to work in a entrepreneurial and sustainable manufacturing enviroment! In this role you will be responsible for all HR, PR and office related activities of BBC. For HR this means developing, shaping and executing the HR vision and strategy, in line with business objectives.
For PR this involves managing all internal and extern PR, communication and (social)media related activities. Besides, you will lead an office manager to ensure a “smooth office operation”.
This position is an all-round key strategic role in the company – but it is important that you can add on an operational, tactical and strategic level. You will challenge management on all relevant people topics, like organisation development, talent management, implementing new HR tools/systems and coach the leadership team. At first, this will be for both the office and the first plant in Limburg, which will be operational in 2025. Besides, the next plant will be build in Belgium and you’ll get the opportunity to grow in your responsibilities.
A few of your responsibilities will be:
- Advising the management on strategic HR subjects, such as organizational development and talent,- & performance management, both for the BBC holding as well as for the plant.
- Taking the lead in people topics that have to do with the development and growth of the company – including setting up the new plants.
- Create and implement an innovative and scalable approach for target setting and a performance management program – besides you will design a matching compensation cycle, including salary and benefits in a innovative way.
- Manage the recruitment process, by yourself and with help of agencies.
- Think about the culture and cohesion with the people and with the factory and the new office.
- Lead an office manager, who is the face and first point of contact for the organisation.
- Drive and design the PR strategy and calendar, including press releases, website, media content – in close collaboration with the PR agency.
You are an independent, energetic, and hands-on HR professional. You are flexible, decisive and innovative; you dare to color outside the lines and not afraid to make mistakes. This position is a ideal step for someone with a few years of generalist HR experience, with the ambition for a end-responsible role.
Besides, you recognize yourself in the following:
- A relevant HBO or Master degree and 5-7 years of relevant HR related, preferably in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Dutch Labor Law, knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Experience and interest in working in a production environment and being involved in broader themes on site (including safety & quality).
- Strategic thinker but operationally also strong. You have thorough knowledge of HR basics and principles.
- A strong sparring partner for different levels within the organisation, you have organisational sensitivity and good communication and interpersonal skills to build relations in the organisation to build together in this dynamic phase of the organisation.
- You are not afraid to take initiative and make decisions. Furthermore you are self-directing, entrepreneurial, innovative, pragmatic.
If you are interested in an important position at the forefront of a pioneering industry, contributing to an scaling super sustainable manufacturer. Please get in touch with us!
Interested in this vacancy?