Respond to this vacancy
Allen & Overy in the Netherlands currently employs over 330 people and 33 partners at their monumental Apollo-building in Amsterdam South and offers legal advice to clients in almost every sector, including large and mid-sized companies, financial institutions and government organizations. Their clients benefit from the global reach and scalability. They are universally recognized market leaders in corporate transactions, banking & capital markets, governance & regulatory and disputes.
Within Allen & Overy they spend a lot of time and resources at developing their professionals. Because just keeping up with your own specialism is no longer enough. There is a growing need for (soft) skills training and personal development. This has been the main focus as development of their professionals is a crucial part of the people strategy. The Learning & Development Lead, with support of the Learning & Development Coordinator, will be instrumental in supporting the professionals of Allen & Overy with top of the bill Learning & Development programmes and Learning tools. Allen & Overy is looking for a talented and inspiring Learning & Development Lead.
The Learning & Development Lead works closely with the other HR colleagues in Amsterdam to shape the ambitions of Allen & Overy together. Apart from this, the Learning & Development Lead works also closely with the Global Head of Learning & Development in London and best practices are shared internationally.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Setting up and implementing the L&D policy on the basis of learning needs identified by stakeholders.
- Developing and advising on (individual) training plans in line with practice and personal development points.
- Tailor-made development and marketing of the local training offer that is in line with the international training programmes and therefore intensive cooperation with global L&D colleagues, on legal substantive topics, but also on, for example, mental health.
- Working closely with external providers in the field of Learning & Development.
- Implementing a new state of the art LMS, support the L&D team with the transition and interact with all groups within the firm to maximize its potential to the fullest.
- Evaluate the existing training offer and make suggestions for improvement, working closely as part of the global L&D team in London to agree how any gaps identified can be addressed for the global firm.
- In time, take on programme management for a global programme(s).
- Acting as a professional sparring partner for HR, (People) Partners and Heads of Staff in the field of Learning & Development.
- You have a relevant academic degree.
- You have Learning & Development experience in an (international) professional/corporate environment and you are ready to take the next step. You distinguish yourself with your customer-oriented drive, empathy and a professional substantive knowledge in the field of Learning & Development.
- You have a strong track record of delivering and facilitating skills training.
- You are pragmatic and you get satisfaction from developing policy, but also getting things done! To this end, you have well-developed analytical skills, patience and implementation power. Moreover, you are able to operate on both a tactical and an operational level. You have good communication and social skills.
- You are organization-sensitive and you know how to reach the right colleagues. You are a good listener and you are able to build a solid internal network. You are also empathetic and at the same time businesslike. You know how to function in an organization with demanding, highly educated people and with short and direct lines.
- You can operate independently as well as in a (virtual) team and you are able to develop initiatives and grow with the department and organization.
- Finally you have excellent command of Dutch and English.
Interested in this vacancy?